SENTRAL College Penang is committed to the protection of your Personal Data and takes the matter of protecting your privacy as high priority
This Privacy Statement explains how we protect the privacy of your Personal Data under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). This Policy explains:
- the type of personal data we collect and how we collect it
- how we use your personal data
- the parties that we disclose the personal data to; and
- the choices we offer, including how to access and update your personal data.
|Personal Data We Collect from You|
We may collect the following personal data about you:
- personal information to establish your identity and background such as your full name, identity card number or passport, gender, race, religion, nationality, marital status and Facebook id
- contact information such as correspondence address, home address, telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, next of kin name, identity card number, contact no and relationship
- information such as the name of your school/college, qualification and grade obtained
- sensitive information such as your racial or ethnic origin, religion or other beliefs and health. We do not generally collect sensitive information unless it is necessary due to exceptional circumstances to serve you better and meet your particular needs
- recording of your image via CCTV cameras installed at our premises
- recording of your photograph during any of our college events or third party open day
- resume or CVs when you apply job with us
For general web browsing although no personal data is revealed to us, certain technical and statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider such as cookies, your IP address, the time, date and duration of your visit. If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such personal data to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their personal data for the purposes as listed below.
|How we Collect your Personal Data|
We may collect personal data either from you, from your authorized representatives, from third parties, or from publicly available sources which may include (but is not limited to):
- when you register for our services (for example when you submit an application form to become our student)
- when you contact us in person, by a phone call or over the counter (for example when you contact us for any enquiries, complaints, comments or feedbacks, we may keep record of that correspondences)
- when you participate in any surveys, questionnaires, competitions, contests, offers, or promotions done internally or via an appointed third party
- when you commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider, or business partner)
- when you visit any of premises (college and/or hostel)
- when you attend any of our college events or third party open day
- when you visit or browse our websites
- when you apply job with us
- when you interact with us via social media or interactive applications including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- when we collect information about you from third parties we dealt with or are connected with you (recruitment agents, or financial institutions)
- from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
|Use of Personal Data Collected|
You agree that we may use your personal data where permitted by applicable law and for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity
- to manage and maintain your record with us
- to notify you about benefits and changes to the services
- to provide and improve our services to you including fulfilling audit requirements, billing for services, and facilitating payments
- to carry out your instructions or to respond to any enquiries, complaints, comments or feedbacks that you have submit to us
- to protect or enforce our rights to recover any debt owing to us
- to compile information for analysis and in reports for relevant regulatory authorities
- to update, consolidate and improve the accuracy of our records
- to administer competitions, contests, offers, or promotions
- to produce data, reports and statistics which have been anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to conduct research for analytical purposes including but not limited to data mining and analysis of your transactions with us
- to assess financial and insurance risks
- to conduct surveys, questionnaire, and provide you with information from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- to engage in business transactions in respect of services to be offered and provided to you
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, regulations, guidelines or industry codes that applies to us
- for internal management of the services being provided to you
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- to provide training for our staff
- to conduct marketing and information technology activities (for example, market research)
- to persons who have been identified as being you or your authorised representative(s) pursuant, for the purpose of the relevant transaction or enquiry
- to third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us (such as analysis on our behalf) for any of the purposes described above. Where we disclose your personal data to third parties we shall ensure that such data is used only to provide services to us
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities.
|With Whom We Share Your Personal Data|
As a part of providing you with our services and the management or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- federal or state government
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- our regulator
- companies or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers or professional consultant
- companies or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with services that you have requested
- our business associates, partner universities and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal data
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
|Your Rights to Access and Correct Your Personal Data|
We will assist you to access and correct your personal data held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal data in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal data held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date, or if you wish to withdraw your consent to us for the processing of your Personal Data, you may make a request to us by writing in to the following address:
SENTRAL College Penang
6th Floor, Menara Sentral
3, Penang Street
|How Long we Will Retain your Personal Data|
We will retain your personal data in compliance with this Policy and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with SENTRAL College Penang or its partners for the duration of your relationship with us, for such period as may be necessary to protect the interests of SENTRAL College Penang or its partners and/or its customers as may be deemed necessary, where otherwise required by the law and/or where required by SENTRAL College Penang or its partner’s relevant policies.
Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers located remotely and operated by us or our service providers.
No online facility is provided by SENTRAL College Penang for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
|How we Protect and Safeguard your Personal Data|
We are committed to take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data and keep your Personal Data secured from misuse, loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Our site may link to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies, procedures or their content.
|Transfer of your Personal Data Outside Malaysia|
Any Personal Data, which you volunteer to us, will be treated with the highest standards of security strictly in accordance with the PDPA 2010. It may be necessary for us to transfer your Personal Data outside Malaysia to our partner university/business partners or service providers who are involved in providing part of services are located in countries outside Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your Personal Data outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such service providers or business partners are contractually bound not to use your Personal Data for any reason other than to provide the services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your Personal Data.
By submitting your Personal Data, you consent to the use of that Personal Data as set out in this Policy. If we change our Policy, we will publish the amended version on this page. Continued use of the service will signify that you agree to any such changes.
|Our Contact Details|
SENTRAL College Penang is committed to protecting your Personal Data. If you have questions or comments about SENTRAL College Penang’s administration of Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com or +604 262 1888.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions regarding this Policy, we would be glad to hear from you. Please contact our SENTRAL College Penang Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org