BSc (Hons) Tourism Management
The United Nations World Tourism Organization quotes ‘tourism’ as a social, cultural and economic phenomenon which entails the movement of people to countries or places outside their usual environment for personal or professional purposes. It relates to their activities, some which imply tourism expenditure.
The BSc (Hons) Tourism Management (BTM) program gives you the knowledge and understanding how the industry works, how tourists behave and the impact tourism has on countries, cultures and the environment. It broadens your knowledge and develops a wide range of skills that can be applied to a managerial and entrepreneurial position in the fast expanding tourism industry.
The BTM program is designed to set you apart from other candidates since tourism management is a multi-disciplinary and fiercely competitive industry. It blends classroom activities with exciting field trips and excursions that demonstrate how the theories you learn are applied by tourism professionals. You will gain valuable insight of the products, structures and operations of the tourism industry. And understand the principles essential for successful tourism management; the knowledge and skills employers look for. It will propel you to work in the dynamic tourism industry such as travel and tourism and hospitality, as high employability rate of our students is of utmost importance to us.
- MUET Band 2 and Any one of the following:
- 2 Cs (CGPA 2.00) in STPM; or
- Diploma (Level 4 KKM, CGPA 2.00); or
- 5 Bs in UEC; or
- Matriculation / Foundation (CGPA 2.00); or
- STAM with a minimum grade of pass (Maqbul); or
- Other equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- English language requirement for international students – IELTS 5.0 or MUET Band 3 or its equivalent.
- Tour Operations Manager
- Travel Agency Manager
- Tourism Sales & Marketing Manager
- Tour Manager
- Tourism Consultant
- Regional Tourism Manager
- Event & Conference Organizer
- MICE Manage
- Tourist Information Centre Manager
- Guest Relations Manager
- Duty Manager
- Destination Management Organizer
- Leisure Activity Co-ordinator
- Airport / Airline Operations Manager
- Cruise Manager