Certificate in Tourism Operations
The travel and tourism industry is one of the largest and most dynamic industries in today’s global economy. The Certificate in Tourism Operations will give you the basic skills and knowledge to work in the growing tourism industry.
You will learn how to plan efficient travel itineraries and make reservations, explain the various tourism and travel products/packages available and provide excellent services to customers in such a way that successfully builds customer loyalty.
1 Years 5 Months
- Pass SPM/SPMV/O-Level with a minimum of 1 credit; or
- Pass UEC with at least grade B in 1 subject; or
- Other equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian Government
A flexible 1 year 5 month programme to build your baseline knowledge and skills for work and a second chance to go for University Studies
- Fundamentals of Business Management
- English For Tourism
- Car and Camper, Hotels
- The Travel and Tourism Industry and the Travel Professional
- Geography in Travel Planning
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A / Writing Skills
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Travel Formalities
- Air Transport Essentials
- Introduction to Rail Products
- Airfare and Ticketing 1
- Pengajian Malaysia 1 (Local students)/Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International students)
- Airfare and Ticketing 2
- Global Distribution System
- Ferries and Cruise and Tour Packages
- Serving the Travel Customer
- Pendidikan Moral / Pengajian Islam
- Practical Training
Graduates can progress into the Diploma in Tourism Management offered at SENTRAL. They can also pursue any related Diploma programmes offered by Malaysian, Australian and UK universities or colleges.
For those who are keen to embark on their careers, they can consider joining the following industries:-
- Travel agencies
- Car rentals
- Event management
- Open own business
- Government agencies such as Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Tourism Malaysia.
This certificate is an excellent stepping stone for you to pursue your diploma studies (e.g., Diploma in Tourism Management) and eventually move on to a degree.
This programme shall produce tourism professionals who are:-
PEO 1: Knowledgeable and have the basic skills and abilities to support tourism and hospitality industry.
PEO 2: Effective in communication, have leadership skills, social skills and are able to work with people.
PEO 3: Capable of solving simple tourism related problems professionally and ethically.
- Identify relevant knowledge in the tourism industry.
- Demonstrate practical skills appropriate to tourism careers.
- Define humane responsibility and social skills within the tourism industry.
- Understand issues professionally and ethically in line with the tourism code of conduct.
- Communicate in teams, with the capability to be a leader.
- Identify solutions critically and scientifically to solve problems in the tourism industry.
- Determine the needs for information management and life-long learning in the tourism careers.
- State managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the tourism industry