Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
The Certified Accounting Technician (CAT) qualification is designed to equip you with all the necessary technical skills and knowledge required to fulfill an accounting role at a technical level. It also provides a firm foundation on knowledge and opportunity to fast track towards becoming a professional ACCA accountant.
Alternatively, students may opt to pursue ACCA qualification with an exemption of 3 papers from the knowledge module. Thereafter students can move directly into the skills module.
1 year – 1 year 3 months
- Passed SPM/O-Level with 5 credits including Mathematics and English; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Government of Malaysia.
Introductory Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting
- FA1 Recording Financial Transactions
- MA1 Management Information
Diploma in Accounting and Business
- FAB Accountant in Business
- FMA Management Accounting
- FFA Financial Accounting
Intermediate Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting
- FA2 Maintaining Financial Records
- MA2 Managing Costs and Finance
Optional (Choose Two)
- FTX Foundations in Taxation
- FFM Foundations in Financial Management
- FAU Foundations in Audit
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A / Writing Skills
- Pengajian Malaysia 1 (Local Students) /Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International Students)
- Pendidikan Moral / Pengajian Islam
- 7 Computer-based exams (obtain results immediately upon completion)
- 2 Paper-based exams (approximately 1.5 months to obtain result)
- Certified Accounting Technician graduates are able to move on to pursue their ACCA qualification en-route to becoming a Chartered and Certified Accountant.
- Junior position in a professional accounting firm or commercial company.