Diploma in Computer Systems Technology
JPT/BPP(K)1000- 600/P712 Jld.3(22) (FA 2665) 3/23
With the growth in today’s business world and handling of data, it has become more vital for one to possess sound knowledge of IT. This Diploma not only provides you an extensive competence in the world of computer science and IT, but it also develops your critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills, hence enhancing your ability to provide effective and efficient Computing and IT services and solutions to various organisations across varied industries.
The versatility of skills acquired from the Diploma has enabled our students to move onto careers in the world of IT. Our history and track record will testify that our graduates have either gained employment in reputable organizations and MNCs or have used this qualification as advanced entry into the second year of relevant Bachelor’s degree programme.
2 years 4 months
- Passed SPM/SPMV/O-Level with a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics; or
- Passed UEC with at least a grade B in 3 subjects including Mathematics; or
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (Level 3) or its equivalent; or
- MOE/MQA Recognized Certificate in a related field, or other equivalent qualifications
- Computer Applications
- Computer System Fundamentals
- Introduction to Programming
- Academic English
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A/ Etika Professional
- Calculus and Algebra
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Human Computer Interaction
- Database Management System
- Windows Operating System
- Object Oriented Programming
- Pengajian Malaysia
- System Analysis & Design
- Enterprise Application Development
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Elective 1
- Web Design
- Introduction to Networking
- Linux Operating System
- Project Management
- Web Development
- Elective 2
- Final Project
- Community Service
- Fundamental of Life Long Learning
- Practical Training
- Elective 1 Information Assurance & Security
- Elective 2 Introduction to Mobile Programming
- Elective 3 Introduction to E-Commerce
*Students are required to choose 2 from the 3 elective subjects above
Graduates can progress into the second year of a 3+0 degree programme currently offered at SENTRAL or any other relevant degree programme in Malaysian, Australian or UK universities.
Employment opportunities are abundant in government or private organizations in the following fields or area:
- Enterprise Application Programmer
- IT Officer
- Enterprise Web Developer
- Technical Support Assistant
- Database Administrator
- System Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Project Manager
The DCST programme develops critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills, hence enhancing the ability to provide effective and efficient Computing and IT services and solutions to various organisations across varied industries.
- Apply knowledge in the Information Technology industry.
- Demonstrate practical skills in the Information Technology industry.
- Project humane responsibility and social skills within the Information Technology industry.
- Discuss issues professionally and ethically in line with the Information Technology code of conduct.
- Communicate effectively in teams, with the capability to be a leader.
- Apply solutions critically and scientifically to solve problems in the Information Technology industry.
- Determine the needs for information management and life-long learning in the Information Technology careers.
- Demonstrate effectively managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the Information Technology industry.