Living away from home is your first step towards independence. This can be a significant change in your life. Our staff from accommodation services will assure you have a pleasant and enjoyable stay while studying in Malaysia.Read More
Living in Penang
Penang is made up of an industrious mainland and a picturesque island, situated to the Northwest of Peninsular Malaysia. Known for its old-world charm and urban lifestyle, Penang houses generations of harmonious multiracial communities. The place is famous for its sumptuous street food, beautiful coasts, diversified industrial mix, and delightful Penangites.
In the last few years, the tech startup scene in Penang has been growing by leaps and bounds, turning it into a hotspot for talents. With the ever booming industrial zones and upcoming tech startup ecosystem, SENTRAL is strategically situated in the heart of George Town, at the junction of Lebuh Penang and Lebuh Bishop. The SENTRAL Tower houses a 14-storey, rich learning environment that befits the learning journey and growth of successful graduates.
Listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2008, Penang has rich cultures and well-preserved heritage buildings. Thus, making it a great place for students to stay and immerse themselves in its rich environment with affordable conveniences. Furthermore, with the myriads of industries Penang has to offer, students will have the right environment and industrial experience to learn and grow.
All international students (full-time and foreign exchange students) are required to obtain a valid Student Pass from the Malaysian Immigration Department in order to pursue their course of study at SENTRAL College Penang. The Student Pass which is issued on a yearly basis is a non-transferable pass and subject to renewal.
Basic requirements to apply for Student Pass:
- The respective student must be accepted for a full-time course of study at Malaysian private higher education
- Have the financial capability to pay the course fees and expenses related to living and studying in Malaysia
- All international students who intend to pursue their course of study must be in good health and free from all infectious diseases or illnesses which require pro-longed medical attention & treatment
- The respective student must be of sound character
- The intention to stay in Malaysia is solely for education purpose only
There are essentially four (4) basic steps to the application process: