BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance
This programme has been designed to develop the skills you need for a high-level career in accountancy, finance, banking, insurance, the public sector or general management.
You will benefit from exemptions in the following professional exams:
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) with ACCA Accelerate*
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants (CIPFA)
*ACCA Accelerate is a special arrangement between ACCA and the college which gives you an opportunity to register early with ACCA and accelerate your career in finance. With this special recognition of your commitment to your future, you can combine your studies with your ACCA registration and get an accelerated start to your professional career through access to ACCA’s network.
- MUET Band 2 and credit in Mathematics and pass in English in SPM and
- Any one of the following:
- 2 C+ (CGPA 2.33) in STPM; or
- 2 A-level full passes (CGPA 2.33); or
- 5 Bs (including Mathematics & English) in UEC; or
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) in Accounting or related field (CGPA 2.50); or
- Matriculation / Foundation (CGPA 2.50); or
- Other equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government
Graduates are well-prepared with theoretical as well as practical knowledge and skills to take up a host of graduate entry jobs such as:
- Taxation agent
- Corporate financial officer
- Financial adviser
Accounting programme at the bachelor’s degree level, aims to provide graduates with accounting knowledge and skills which enable graduates to become potential professional accountants and to provide a dynamic and innovative leadership with integrity and high ethical values. Graduates from the programme should be:
PEO 1: Knowledgeable to prepare accounting records and financial statements for internal and external reporting purposes.
PEO 2: Critically analyse accounting issues, taking into consideration financial and non-financial information and communicate effectively for decision making purposes.
PEO 3: Are ethical and professional in managerial decision making while providing services.
PEO 4: Are able to apply ICT effectively in managing information for advancement in knowledge and can engage in entrepreneurial activities.
- Analyse knowledge in the accounting industry.
- Demonstrate comprehensively practical skills in the accounting industry.
- Correlate humane responsibility and social skills within the accounting industry.
- Apply issues professionally and ethically in line with the accounting code of conduct.
- Communicate effectively in teams, with the capability to be a leader in both written and spoken forms.
- Evaluate solutions critically and scientifically to solve problems in the accounting industry.
- Justify the needs for information management and life-long learning in the accounting careers.
- Recommend managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the accounting industry.