BSC (Hons) Digital Business
BSc (Hons) Digital Business has been carefully designed in collaboration between our expert course leaders and an impressive collection of partners in business, industry and the public sector. You will learn about the management of information in organizations by understanding systems concepts, communications and information technologies. You will also develop a detailed understanding of the relationships between business organizations, information and technology, and how individuals and groups operate within an organization.
The 4-month internship in the final year will give you the opportunity to apply the skills, knowledge and understanding you have gained throughout the programme.
Credit in Mathematics in SPM AND Any one of the following:
- 2 Cs (CGPA 2.00) in STPM; or
- 2Cs in A-level including Mathematics & English; or
- 5 Bs (including Mathematics) in UEC; or
- Diploma (Level 4 KKM) in Computing (CGPA 2.50). Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with credit in Mathematics in SPM can be admitted subject to stringent internal evaluation; or
- Diploma (Level 4 KKM) in other fields (CGPA 2.50); or
- Matriculation / Foundation (CGPA 2.00); or
- Other equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government
- IT Consultant
- Business Procurement
- Business Analyst
- System Analyst
- Product Development Executive
- UI (User Interface) Designer
- UX (User Experience) Designer
Many businesses today are established over Information and Communications Technology (ICT) solutions, such as UBER, Grab and Facebook. A combination of a tightening economy and rapid development of technology requires the most successful entrepreneurs of today to combine both technical and managerial skills. Therefore, it is beneficial for 21st century youths to equip themselves with both business and IT knowledge, in order to be successful in their future endeavours.
- Analyse knowledge in the Business and Information Technology industry.
- Demonstrate comprehensively practical skills in the Business and Information Technology industry.
- Correlate humane responsibility and social skills within the Business and Information Technology industry.
- Apply issues professionally and ethically in line with the Business and Information Technology code of conduct.
- Communicate effectively in teams, with the capability to be a leader in both written and spoken forms.
- Evaluate solutions critically and scientifically to solve problems in the Business and Information Technology industry.
- Justify the needs for information management and life-long learning in the Business and Information Technology careers.
- Recommend managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the Business and Information Technology industry.
Programme Educational Objectives
This programme shall produce IT and business professionals who are:-
- Knowledgeable and have the necessary skills and abilities to support broad range of IT and business related portfolios.
- Effective in communication, have good leadership skills and are able to work with people across different cultures.
- Capable to critically appraise and solve IT and business related problems innovatively and ethically.
- Committed to lifelong learning and personal development in the areas of IT and business.
- Able to demonstrate managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the organization/business.