BSc. (Hons) Software Engineering 3+0
JPT/BPP(K)1000- 600P712 Jld.5(12) (PA 15233) 5/29
Software systems are at the centre and heart of our daily lives. This includes commerce, industry, healthcare and communications. With organizations of all sizes seeking talented professionals to create software systems that are usable, robust and maintainable, there is no better time than now to study software engineering at SENTRAL College Penang.
The BSc (Hons) Software Engineering 3+0 programme is designed to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of software specification, design, implementation and deployment using software development methodologies. It will equip students with advanced computing knowledge and a hands-on ethos, so the graduates are ready to build a successful and lucrative career in programming and software development. This degree is awarded by the University of Salford, which received a Royal Charter in 1967 from Her Majesty the Queen. The University is fully recognized by the British government.
This program is awarded by the University of Salford, U.K.
Any one of the following:
- Pass the Matriculation program or Foundation or equivalent to a minimum CGPA of 2.00 or pass STPM or equivalent to a minimum grade of C (GPA 2.00) in any of the 2 subjects and credit in the following subjects at SPM level or equivalent:
- Additional Mathematics; or
- Mathematics and one of the subjects of Science, Technology or Engineering. or
- Passed STPM in Science or equivalent, with a minimum of Grade C (GPA 2.00) in one subject of Mathematics and one subject of Science / lCT; or
- Diploma in Computer Science OR Software Engineering OR Information Technology OR Information System or equivalent to a minimum CGPA of 2.50 and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent; or
- Any Diploma in science and technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.50. and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- Software/Application Engineer
- Software Project Engineer
- Systems Analyst, Systems Engineer
- Software Quality Engineer
- Software Configuration Engineer
- Software Architect
- Software Process Engineer
- Software Test Engineer
- Software Maintainer
- Software Designer.
- Web Developer
- Mobile Developer