Diploma in Accounting
JPT/BPP(K)1000-600/P712 Jld.4(13) (FA4065) 4/24
The Diploma in Accounting equips students with excellent foundation in accounting, business and finance skills. The students will learn to critically analyze financial and economic data, plan fiscal activity, write reports as well as present unbiased financial information. A career in the accounting industry suits well with industrious and intelligent people who love numbers. With the diploma, students can further pursue their studies in accounting, taxation, data analysis, finance and economics.
2 Years 4 Months
- A Pass SPM/SPMV/O-Level with a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics and a pass in English; or
- A Pass in UEC with at least 3Bs and a pass in Mathematics; or
- A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with minimum grade of Maqbul and credits in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level; or
- Sijil Perakaunan (SKM Level 3) and a pass in SPM with a minimum of 1 credit including Mathematics and a pass in English; or
- Any other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
- Principles of Accounting
- Business Communication
- Business Mathematics
- Computerised Accounting
- Academic English
- Computer Applications
- Financial Accounting 1
- Introduction to Cost Accounting
- Principles of Economics
- Accountant in Business
- Principles of Management
- Managing Costs & Finances
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
- Financial Accounting 2
- Taxation I
- Business Statistics
- Financial Management I
- Financial Accounting 3
- Management Accounting
- Implementing Audit Procedure 1
- Company Law
- Financial Management II
- Financial Accounting 4
- Taxation II
- Implementing Audit Procedure II
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A / Etika Professional
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 (local students) / Bahasa Komunikasi 1 (foreign students)
- Fundamental of Life Long Learning
- Community Service
With the Diploma in Accounting from SENTRAL COLLEGE, you’ll be career-ready and in demand as you will be armed with theoretical knowledge as well as industry relevant practical skills.
Graduates can progress into the second year of a 3+0 UK degree programme currently offered at SENTRAL or any other relevant degree programme in Malaysian, Australian or UK universities. Employment opportunities are abundant in the government or private organizations in the following fields or area:-
- Office Executive
- Administration Officer
- Accounting Officer
- Audit Assistant
- Budget Officer
The programme aims to produce accounting administrators with the technical skills and the fundamental knowledge for an accounting career in the industry and commerce, both in the public and private sectors. They:
PEO 1: Understand financial transactions and are able to prepare accounting records for internal and external reporting purposes.
PEO 2: Can identify accounting issues and communicate effectively
PEO 3: Are ethical and professional in providing as well as administrative services to the management.
PEO 4: Are able to utilise ICT in managing information for advancement and to explore entrepreneurial activities.
- Apply knowledge in the accounting industry.
- Demonstrate practical skills in the accounting industry.
- Project humane responsibility and social skills within the accounting industry.
- Discuss issues professionally and ethically in line with the accounting code of conduct.
- Communicate effectively in teams, with the capability to be a leader.
- Apply solutions critically and scientifically to solve problems in the accounting industry.
- Determine the needs for information management and life-long learning in the accounting careers.
- Demonstrate effective managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the accounting industry.