Diploma in Tourism Management
The travel and tourism industry is one of the largest and most dynamic industries in today’s global economy. The Diploma in Tourism Management will give you the skills and knowledge to work in all facets of the tourism industry. You’ll enjoy a number of field trips, discover a variety of tourism and travel operations and put your skills and knowledge to the test.
This exciting programme prepares you for executive, supervisory and junior management level roles not only in the travel and tourism industry, but also in other related industries such as hospitality and event management.
2 Years 4 Months
- Passed SPM/SPMV/O-Level with a minimum of 3 credits; or
- Passed UEC with at least a grade B in 3 subjects; or
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (Level 3) or its equivalent; or
- MOE/MQA Recognized Certificate in a related field, or other equivalent qualifications.
- Tourism Geography
- Essentials of Tourism
- Fundamentals of Hospitality
- Principles of Management
- Travel Formalities and Packages
- Transportation Operations
- Computer Applications
- Principles of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Tour Guiding Skill
- Principles of Economics
- Principles of Human Resource
- Airfare and Ticketing
- Customer Service
- Travel Agency Management
- Business Communication
- Cruise Operations Management
- Events Management
- The Business of Tourism
- Tourism Law
- Tourism Cultural and Heritage
- Industrial Training
- Basic Japanese or
- Basic French
- Professional Ethics /Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- Community Service
- Pengajian Malaysia 2
- Fundamentals of Lifelong Learning
Graduates can progress into the second year of a 3+0 UK degree programme currently offered at SENTRAL or any other relevant degree programme in Malaysian, Australian or UK universities.
Employment opportunities are abundant in the government or private organizations in the following fields or area:-
- Travel agencies
- Car rentals
- Event management
- Government agencies such as Ministry of Tourism & Culture, Tourism Malaysia
- Entrepreneur of Tourism or Travel related business
This programme shall produce tourism professionals who are:-
PEO 1: Knowledgeable and have the necessary skills and abilities to support tourism and hospitality industry.
PEO 2: Effective in communication, have good leadership skills, social skills and are able to work with people across different cultures.
PEO 3: Capable of solving Tourism related problems professionally and ethically.
PEO 4: Able to demonstrate entrepreneurial skills and lifelong learning in line with changing environment in the tourism industry.
- Apply relevant knowledge in the tourism industry.
- Demonstrate practical skills appropriate to tourism careers.
- Project humane responsibility and social skills within the tourism industry.
- Discuss issues professionally and ethically in line with the tourism code of conduct.
- Communicate effectively in teams, with the capability to be a leader.
- Apply solutions critically and scientifically to solve problems in the tourism industry.
- Determine the needs for information management and life-long learning in the tourism careers.
- Demonstrate effective managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the tourism industry.