Diploma in Business Studies
JPT/BPP(K)1000- 600/P712 Jld.5(4) (A 6499) 2/26
The Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) equips you with all the necessary competencies to prepare you for a career and further education in the world of business and management.
The programme is specifically designed to give you a good grounding on four main domains which includes Business Management, Marketing, Accounting & Finance, as well as Information Technology. It also incorporates three contemporary modules namely, Project Management, Small Business Management and Supply Chain Management.
The DBS programme enables the development of key business skills such as interpersonal communication, leadership qualities, self organization, numerical understanding, information management and critical thinking. These modules offer the opportunity to study the behavior and functions of both traditional and contemporary business organizations from various perspectives. The DBS programme is also benchmarked against international standards in order to ensure that its academic rigor is on par with that of international business schools and universities.
The DBS programme utilizes blended teaching – learning strategies incorporating practical assessments. Given the interactive nature of the programme, students would be able to transform theory into practice by making applications to real life situations.
2 Years 4 Months
- Passed SPM/SPMV/O-Level with a minimum of 3 credits; or
- Passed UEC with at least a grade B in 3 subjects; or
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (Level 3) or its equivalent; or
- MOE/MQA Recognized Certificate in a related field, or other equivalent qualifications.
- Computer Applications
- Business Communication
- Business Mathematics
- Introduction to Business
- Academic English
- Elementary English
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Fundamentals of Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Business Law
- Management Information System
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Business Statistics
- Management Accounting
- Organizational Behaviour
- Business Ethics
- Project Management
- Company Law
- Financial Accounting
- Supply Chain Management
- Research Project
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A / Etika Professional
- Pengajian Malaysia 2 (local students) / Bahasa Komunikasi 1 (foreign students)
- Fundamental of Life Long Learning
- Community Service
Diploma in Business Studies graduates are imbued with knowledge and skills to work or continue with their higher studies.
They are able to gain advanced entry into the second year of a 3+0 degree programme currently offered at SENTRAL or any other relevant degree programme in Malaysian, Australian or UK universities. Employment opportunities are abundant in the government or private organizations in the following fields or functions:
- Management/ Administration
- Marketing/ Business Development
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Material Planning/ Operations
- Purchasing/ Buyers
- Human Resources
- Banking/ Finance
- Public Sector
- Hospital (Administration and Management)
- Tourism and Hotel Section
The programme aims to provide students with broad-based knowledge, technical, operational and entrepreneurial skills to perform effectively and ethically within their specific areas of Business Studies, hence inculcating the desire for lifelong learning and career development.
- Apply knowledge in the business industry.
- Demonstrate practical skills in the business industry.
- Project humane responsibility and social skills within the business industry.
- Discuss issues professionally and ethically in line with the business code of conduct.
- Communicate effectively in teams, with the capability to be a leader.
- Apply solutions critically and scientifically to solve problems in the business industry.
- Determine the needs for information management and life-long learning in the business careers.
- Demonstrate effective managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the business industry.
SENTRAL College Penang: Excel in Business with a Diploma in Business Management Studies in Malaysia
At SENTRAL College Penang, our diploma in business management studies (DBS) equips you with essential competencies for a successful career towards business and management in Malaysia. Our program provides a comprehensive grounding in Business Management, Marketing, Accounting & Finance, and Information Technology, complemented by contemporary modules such as Project Management, Small Business Management, and Supply Chain Management.
As a DBS graduate, abundant career opportunities await in management, marketing, finance, logistics, and more, with the potential for advanced entry into degree programs at prestigious universities. The program of our college institution is benchmarked against international standards, ensuring academic excellence on par with global business universities.
Enroll now to gain the skills and knowledge needed for a thriving future in the dynamic business industry. Download the brochure or contact us now for more information.