Certificate in Business Information Technology
JPT/BPP(K)1000- 600/P712 Jld.4(1) (FA 2666) 3/23
Gain a new set of insights and competencies in the dynamic world of IT and business!
The development and rapidly-changing business world require multi-talented professionals in its management and information systems departments. In the wake of globalization, organisations are fast automating their business processes and systems. In meeting those demands, the Certificate equips you with the fundamental knowledge on IT and Business as well as IT in Business; essentially leading the way to nurture you into an array of innovative professions in the Business and IT industries.
This certificate equips you with a good foundation in IT and relevant knowledge and skills in business studies. Its broad curriculum covers updated IT knowledge which is tested through practical assessments in class. This certificate is a good stepping stone for one to pursue his/her diploma studies and eventually move on to degree.
1 Year 5 Months
- Pass SPM/SPMV/O-Level with a minimum of 1 credit and a pass in Mathematics; or
- Pass UEC with at least grade B in 1 subject and a pass in Mathematics; or
- Other equivalent qualification recognized by Malaysian Government
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B
- Pendidikan Moral/ Pengajian Islam
- Pengajian Malaysia
- Basic English
- Computer Applications Skills
- Basic Economics
- Basic Statistics
- Personal Development and Leadership
- Fundamentals of Business and Management
- Introduction to Computer Systems
- Business Accounting
- Communication Skills
- Marketing Essentials
- Desktop Publishing
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- Website Development
- Introduction to Organizational Behaviour
- Introduction to Database
- Introduction to Programming
- Community Service
Graduates can progress into any related Diploma programmes such as the Diploma in Business Studies, Diploma in Computer Systems Technology and Diploma in Accounting offered at SENTRAL. They can also pursue any related Diploma programmes offered by Malaysian, Australian and UK universities or colleges.
For those who are keen to embark on their careers, they can consider joining the following functions or field of work:
- Finance and Banking
- Hotel and Hospitality
- Administration / management
- Production / operations
- Supply Chain / Warehousing
- Retailing / Merchandising
- IT Technical Support / Technician
- Marketing and Promotions
- Legal Administration
The Certificate in Business and IT strives to equip you with a strong foundation of business and computing; essentially leading the way to nurture you into an array of innovative professions in the field of business and IT. Our broad curriculum covers updated business and IT knowledge which is tested through practical assessments in class.
- Identify knowledge in the Business and Information Technology industry.
- Demonstrate basic practical skills in the Business and Information Technology industry.
- Define humane responsibility and social skills within the Business and Information Technology industry.
- Understand issues professionally and ethically in line with the Business and Information Technology code of conduct.
- Communicate in teams, with the capability to be a leader.
- Identify solutions critically and scientifically to solve problems in the Business and Information Technology industry.
- Identify the needs for information management and life-long learning in the Business and Information Technology careers.
- State managerial and entrepreneurial skills in the Business and Information Technology industry.